Diane France Description

September 15, 2011 rsmith5

The scientist I chose to do my project on is forensic anthropologist Dr. Diane France. I chose Diane France over all the other scientists available because I find forensic anthropology really interesting and her work in the field inspiring. Diane Frances was born on May 11th, 1954 in Grand Junction, Colorado. Her love for science started at a young age when she began playing with microscopes and chemistry sets, and even dissecting frogs in her basement. Even though Diane originally went to the University of Colorado for marine biology, her love for bones pushed her to become a forensic anthropologist. As a forensic anthropologist, Diane identifies human bones to help solve crimes for law enforcement, like unsolved murders, or to identify loved ones in cases of disaster. Diane has worked many important cases including high profile murders, many of which are cold cases, and she even traveled to Russia to help solve the mystery of the Anastasia. As a member of Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team, or DMORT, Diane works to identify victims in times of disaster all over the world. After the September 11th terrorist attack, Diane was sent to Stanton Island, New York with DMORT to help sort bone fragments out of the rubble for identification.  

Entry Filed under: general. Tags: .

September 2011
S M T W T F S
« Sep    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930